Queen Marie Antoinette in PortraitsMay 5, 2021
Marie Antoinette was the last Queen of France and Navarre before the French Revolution, she is known from many portraits. However, during the Revolution, she became known as Madame Déficit. This resulted from the country’s financial crisis, which...
Six Wives Of Henry VIII in PortraitsMay 4, 2021
Henry VIII was the King of England who is best known for having six wives and, in particular, killing some of them. He was also famous for doing anything to get what he wanted. His huge wish to annul...
Royaltastic Queens: Women Who Fought the Patriarchy and Won!May 3, 2021
Follow us on a short historical tour of thriving royal women across Europe who enjoyed power and success on their own terms. How we measure royal success is problematic, of course. What looks like a win to an...
Painting of the Week: Venerable Celestial BodhirumaApril 25, 2021
Imperial Chinese art has a long history stretching through many dynasties and many centuries. Many social, political, and economic factors have caused Chinese art to evolve and change over the millennia. However, one of the strongest factors with...
Celebrating the Male Body in Renaissance FlorenceApril 21, 2021
The adoration of the male body was an inspiration for many artists and there is no medium better suited to presenting the full beauty and complexity of it than sculpture. Today we will take a look at works...
The Prime Minister’s Art: Landscapes of Winston ChurchillApril 17, 2021
The English statesman Winston Churchill is one of the most respected and admired men in the world. His role as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, especially during World War II, has made him a well-known figure. It...
700th Anniversary of Dante’s Death in 15 Great ArtworksApril 13, 2021
Hardly any author has been such a rich source of literary inspiration for the visual arts as Dante Alighieri. His two major works, the La Vita Nuova and the Divine Comedy gave birth to various artistic traditions and...
- Mothers in Art: DailyArt’s Celebration of Mother’s Day
- Aubrey Beardsley: Sharp Blacks and Whites of the Victorian Era
- The Stunning Botanical Art of Barbara Regina Dietzsch
- 5 Swedish Pioneering Female Photographers You Should Get to Know
- Artemisia Gentileschi: The Rape Survivor And Her Revenge
- Wronged Royal Wives – British Scandal and Heartbreak Through the Centuries
- Janet Sobel: the Forgotten Female Artist Who Influenced Jackson Pollock
- Six Wives Of Henry VIII in Portraits
- Zdzisław Beksiński’s Passion for Music
- May the 4th Be with You—Archetypes in Star Wars and Art