True Tips for a Happier Life from the Miniatures of Reza AbbasiJune 10, 2021
Everyone wants to be happy and each of us has a different idea of happiness. For some, it is finishing college and getting a new job. For others, it is a whole weekend watching TV shows. But no...
Painting of the Week: Hasegawa Tōhaku, Pine TreesMay 23, 2021
Japan is a country of distinctive traditional arts such as tea ceremonies, calligraphy, and bonsai. A rich history of artists fills their museums with breathless wonders. Pine Trees by Hasegawa Tōhaku is one such national treasure. It is...
The Warli Painting Artist Jivya Soma MasheMay 19, 2021
Today, May the 19th, marks the birth anniversary of an internationally acclaimed Warli painting artist, Jivya Soma Mashe. A tribal artist from India, Mashe was known for wonderful Warli paintings, which owe their origin to prehistoric rock art....
Islam in the Eyes of Osman HamdiMay 12, 2021
The first and last Orientalist painter of the Ottoman Empire is Osman Hamdi Bey. Born in modern day Turkey, educated in Paris, highly regarded as an intellectual, he depicts the Islamic society of his time with a view...
All that Glitters: The Sparkling World of Medieval MosaicsMay 10, 2021
Welcome to the sparkling world of medieval mosaics! Although not as famous as illuminated manuscripts or stained glass, mosaic was a popular art form that enlivened both Christian churches and Islamic mosques during the Middle Ages. Mosaics are...
Stunning Abstracts by Seven Indian Modern PaintersApril 30, 2021
It was the early 20th century when Modernism spread its wings in India. This happened as a result of an exposure to various European artists. The exchange of ideas inspired Indian modern painters to experiment and delve deeper...
Art from Horror Movies: Japanese Woodblocks of Tsukioka YoshitoshiApril 28, 2021
For centuries gore has been part of the culture in Japan, rooted in its history. Its representation is very common in woodblock engraving pictures. Muzan-e, the ‘bloody prints’, is genre par excellence. This kind of art may be...
- 10 Times When Egon Schiele Mastered Hip Hop Hand Gestures
- How to Show Music in Paintings? Best Depictions of Music in Art
- 10 Female Artists Forgotten By Art History
- Painting of the Week: Claude Raguet Hirst, A Gentleman’s Table
- Mary Cassatt: The Story of the American Impressionist
- 10 Great Women Sculptors You Should Know
- The Masterpiece of the Week: Fallingwater by Frank Lloyd Wright
- The Most Important Day! Wedding Inspiration in Art
- True Tips for a Happier Life from the Miniatures of Reza Abbasi
- Mary Cassatt’s Feminist Mural Which Has Gone Missing