Eid Al-Fitr — Islamic Prayer in ArtMay 23, 2020
Eid-al-Fitr marks the end of Ramadan, the holy month of fasting, and the first day of the Islamic month of Shawwal. The date is determined annually by the sighting of the moon and varies each year on the...
William Waterhouse’s Love for CirceMay 21, 2020
Circe is one of the fascinating characters in Homer’s epic poem the Odyssey. Due to her complex and unconventional nature, many painters have attempted to portray her in their own unique ways throughout history. Yet, there was one...
Empty Paintings of QuarantineMay 20, 2020
We’ve all heard of the personalities who made history during quarantine: William Shakespeare wrote King Lear while in quarantine, Isaac Newton developed calculus and his theory of gravity while in quarantine, Giovanni Boccaccio wrote The Decameron while in...
The Hidden Gems of the Van Gogh MuseumMay 17, 2020
Every museum has its share of highlights. There are those that struggle with so many that it is difficult to make a list of reasonable length. The Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam is one such case. But today...
Painting of the Week: Vincent Van Gogh, Almond BlossomMay 17, 2020
Vincent van Gogh only sold one painting during his lifetime. He was not a financially successful artist, and he was entirely dependent on his brother to monetarily support his artistic vision. However, Vincent van Gogh had a great...
Crowning the May Queen in ArtMay 13, 2020
The May Queen is the personification of springtime. Crowned with fresh flowers, she leads her people to the Maypole for fun and frolicking. A maiden represents the fruitful bounty of the coming year, at the moment that Spring...
When the Arts Meet: Art Inspired Album CoversMay 11, 2020
If music is the soul of an album then the art on the cover must be its body. The choice of artwork for an album cover is an important one because at a glance it conveys the style...
- The Scandalous Nudes of Gustave Courbet
- The Story of Vincent van Gogh’s Bedroom And Its Three Versions
- Where is the Queen? Black Women in Western Art
- Art on the Verge of Eroticism and Pathology by Egon Schiele
- Symbolism In Victorian Art
- 5 Greatest Baroque Painters And Their Work
- Egon Schiele, Edith with Striped Dress, Sitting
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Plague in Art: 10 Paintings You Should Know in the Times of Coronavirus
- The Art of Adolf Hitler: Idyllic Paintings of a Monster