Stories By Wojtek Rozdzenski
That’s My Color! Famous Painters’ Trademark ColorsSeptember 3, 2021
Did you know that there are some colors that you can’t use in your art? Such “painters’ trademarked colors” are owned by certain artists, and you cannot legally use them without consulting the artist beforehand. Others...
Making art out of anything – Christoph Niemann’s illustrationJune 4, 2018
A pair of bananas could become a horse and a poppy seeds bun could be stubble being shaven – you never know with Christoph Niemann and his illustration. Bio Christoph Niemann (b. 1970) is an illustration...
Faceless Women and Fungi – The Art of Ewa JuszkiewiczApril 17, 2018
How many portraits of faceless women, with fungi in place of their heads have you ever seen? None? Well, until now, that is. The Artist Ewa Juszkiewicz (born 1984 in Gdansk, Poland) is an award-winning polish...
Selfie-feminism, the Sad Girl Theory and the Sad Girls of InstagramApril 11, 2018
A new wave of female artists started to appear on Instagram. They come from various backgrounds, were born in different decades, their styles are wildly different, but they share a similar characteristic. They’re women, they’re proud...
Picasso, Monet And Pigeons – An Unlikely TrioFebruary 2, 2018
Have you ever wished you could teach your parrot or canary some new tricks? Clearly, the Japanese scientists – Shigeru Watanabe, Junko Sakamoto and Masumi Wakita from Keio University had the same idea. In a paper...
- The Summer Feels So Far Away! – Ten Beaches in Art
- How to Show Music in Paintings? Best Depictions of Music in Art
- Music and Art: Tanto Bravura!
- How Galileo Galilei Changed the Moon Forever
- Gustav Klimt’s Lost and Found Viennese Beauty – Lady with Fan
- All You Need to Know About the Lascaux Cave
- Alphonse Mucha: Art Nouveau Visionary at North Carolina Museum of Art
- Paintings in the Movie “The Accountant”
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- Hot Chocolate Paintings for a Cozy Evening