Stories By Pola Otterstein
The World As Seen Through de Chirico’s Surrealistic EyesSeptember 1, 2017
Giorgio de Chirico was an Italian artist born in Greece in 1888. He started his education in Athens and Florence. Later he attended The Academy of Fine Arts in Munich, where he profoundly immersed himself into...
French Elegance – How Did Women Dress In The 18th Century?August 28, 2017
While we can no longer personally experience the splendour of 18th century fashion, thankfully many painters of the time left us the answer to the question, “How did women dress in the 18th century?” Their artistic...
Lili Elbe – The First Transgender Woman Who Was A PainterAugust 24, 2017
Lili Elbe – born Einar Wegener – was a Danish landscape painter of the early 20th Century who later in life became a transgender woman. He was married to Gerda Wegener, a successful art deco illustrator...
The Tragic Tale Of The Gierymski BrothersAugust 19, 2017
It is rare to see two siblings as talented and successful – and on the same artistic level – as the Gierymski brothers were, and their story is a worthy chapter in the history of art....
- 10 Facts about The Last Supper by Leonardo You Should Know
- Top 5 Zeus’ Lovers and Their Crazy Stories
- Lockdown Artsy Entertainment Toolkit
- See a Man About a Dog. Dogs in Paintings
- Brief Story of Claude Monet’s Garden in Giverny
- This Post Is Only About Cheese. In Painting
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Plague in Art: 10 Paintings You Should Know in the Times of Coronavirus
- Mushroom Picking? The Tastiest Mushroom Art
- The Countryside in Art: from Idyllic Scenes to Social Issues