Stories By Pola Otterstein
The World As Seen Through de Chirico’s Surrealistic EyesSeptember 1, 2017
Giorgio de Chirico was an Italian artist born in Greece in 1888. He started his education in Athens and Florence. Later he attended The Academy of Fine Arts in Munich, where he profoundly immersed himself into...
French Elegance – How Did Women Dress In The 18th Century?August 28, 2017
While we can no longer personally experience the splendour of 18th century fashion, thankfully many painters of the time left us the answer to the question, “How did women dress in the 18th century?” Their artistic...
Lili Elbe – The First Transgender Woman Who Was A PainterAugust 24, 2017
Lili Elbe – born Einar Wegener – was a Danish landscape painter of the early 20th Century who later in life became a transgender woman. He was married to Gerda Wegener, a successful art deco illustrator...
The Tragic Tale Of The Gierymski BrothersAugust 19, 2017
It is rare to see two siblings as talented and successful – and on the same artistic level – as the Gierymski brothers were, and their story is a worthy chapter in the history of art....
- The Erotic Drawings of Francesco Hayez [+18]
- Murder on the Canvas: How artists portray the ultimate taboo
- What I Learned About Fabergé Easter Eggs While on Vacation
- Moondance. Full Moon in Painting
- Tiepolo: The Last Venetian Master
- Best Vermeer’s Forger And His Fakes
- Erotic Art in Pompeii and Herculaneum (NSFW!)
- I Modi: History of Erotic Art (NSFW)
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- ALL Art In BoJack Horseman We Could Find Gathered In One Place (5th Season Update)