Stories By Howard Schwartz
The Amazing Flesh of Chaim Soutine-See the Soutine Exhibition at the Jewish MuseumMay 5, 2018
‘Flesh’ in this context means animal flesh. Beef carcasses. Fowl. It also means dead fish. Photographs do not do these paintings justice. The thickness and thinness of the application of the paint needs to be experienced...
The Ups and Downs of the Museo de Arte Moderno in Cartagena, ColombiaApril 30, 2018
The weather was hot, about 90 degrees. The sun was wet and blinding. Men on the street were selling water for a dollar a bottle. Other men were selling sombreros, and were persistent about it, going...
Museums And Exhibitions
How I Fell in Love with the BarnesApril 6, 2018
The Barnes Foundation is quietly situated in the heart of Philadelphia, close to the Benjamin Franklin Parkway, adjacent to the Free Library, part of the ‘Museums District.’ I visited the Barnes on March 19, which, by...
- Coffee, Tea, Beer… Drinks in Art for All Tastes!
- 10 Best Portraits Of Édouard Manet
- Cute Babies in Art: From Rubens to Cassatt
- The Orientalism of Eugène Delacroix – Beware of the Colors!
- Here Comes the Sun… Sunrises for Hope in Art
- Lesbian Love and Sex in Art History
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Jan Van Eyck
- Artists’ Beloved Travel Destinations as Seen Through Their Art
- Travel in the Footsteps of Henri Matisse in Morocco
- A Capri Romance: John Singer Sargent and Rosina Fererra