Stories By Guest Profile
Art State of Mind
10 Facts about The Last Supper by Leonardo You Should KnowJune 28, 2019
The legendary 15th century painter Leonardo da Vinci has an impressive legacy of artwork that leaves people astonished and awestruck even today. The maestro has left behind a huge number of artworks and sculptures that played a...
Black Is Beautiful: Kwame Brathwaite at the Skirball CenterJune 15, 2019
Let’s play a game: pick up any magazine from a U.S. newsstand and count how many people of color are featured. Now try playing with a magazine from the 1950’s. Depending on which magazine you chose,...
Gentle Giant in the River. Medieval Representations of Saint ChristopherMay 21, 2019
In 1904, an extensive report made for the British Archaeological Association revealed that in England there were more wall paintings of Saint Christopher than of any other saint. However, this gentle giant of a man was...
A House of Their Own: The Red Rose GirlsMay 18, 2019
In an old house in Philadelphia at the turn of the twentieth century, four women made their home and their art together. Three decades before Virginia Woolf’s seminal essay A Room of One’s Own was published,...
Discovering Camelot: Arthurian Art in PolandApril 12, 2019
1887 saw a significant discovery in the field of medieval art, though at the time nobody, not even the discoverer himself, was aware of the real value of his find. The discoverer was one Wilhelm Klose,...
- 5 Paintings By Piet Mondrian You Wouldn’t Believe Were His
- Artemisia Gentileschi: The Rape Survivor And Her Revenge
- Painting of the Week: Claude Monet, Meules
- 15 Cats in Art History Every Cat Lover Would Love
- 6 Rooms from Famous Paintings Brought to Real Life
- Rembrandt And His Saddest Love Story
- Why Is St Sebastian A Gay Icon?
- The Great Art Robbery…Foiled
- 4 Artists Who Suffered Mental Illness (And How It Affected Their Art)
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)