All posts tagged "renaissance"
The Surprising Career of Lavinia Fontana: Painter of Popes, Nudes, and NoblewomenNovember 23, 2018
There weren’t very many women able to become successful artists in Renaissance Europe. There were probably...
Let It Be: The Annunciation In Medieval And Renaissance Christian ArtAugust 28, 2018
Religious themes in art have prevailed throughout time. Whether it is Catholicism, Judaism, Islam, or Hinduism...
- Pierre-Auguste Renoir, The Theatre Box
- 5 Reasons To Visit Kröller-Müller Museum
- Paul Gauguin, The Vision after the Sermon
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- The Unicorn Tapestries – Allegory Of Christ, Or A Happy Husband?
- Top 5 Zeus’ Lovers and Their Crazy Stories
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- Elizabeth Nourse: “Unquestionably The Premier Woman Artiste of America”
- 4 Artists Who Suffered Mental Illness (And How It Affected Their Art)
- A Tribute to Sister Wendy Beckett – Art Historian, Nun, and TV Personality