All posts tagged "featured"
The enfant terrible of Renaissance Italian Art – 500 years of Tintoretto in VeniceNovember 13, 2018
Tintoretto, the enfant terrible of Renaissance Italian Art has now his moment. Born 500 years ago...
NYC Art Critic
The Majestic Paintings of Eugène Delacroix at the Metropolitan Museum of ArtNovember 12, 2018
The rooms were dimly lit and majestic, and the paintings of Eugène Delacroix were larger than...
Painting of the Week
George Henry Boughton, Pilgrims Going to ChurchNovember 10, 2018
This week’s painting is Pilgrims Going to Church by George Henry Boughton (1833-1905). Even though Boughton grew up...
Museums & Exhibitions
Crash Course in Impressionism – Courtauld Impressionists: From Manet to CézanneNovember 8, 2018
The Courtauld Gallery will remain closed for a while, as it is being transformed. But this...
Eerie, Haunting and Below the Sea: DeCaires Taylor’s Underwater MuseumsNovember 6, 2018
In 2006, British artist Jason deCaires Taylor installed the first undersea sculpture park in the Caribbean....
- Painting Of The Week – Rembrandt van Rijn, Flora
- Through the eyes of Claude Monet
- Edgar Degas And His Most Beautiful Ballerinas
- Pieter Bruegel: Hunters in the Snow. Hidden Stories and Meanings
- Holy Cow! Why Did The Dutch Painters Love Cows?
- Four Women Impressionists You Shouldn’t Forget
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- Jeff Koons And His Balloon Dogs
- ALL Art In BoJack Horseman We Could Find Gathered In One Place (5th Season Update)