All posts tagged "American"
Painting of the Week
George Henry Boughton, Pilgrims Going to ChurchNovember 10, 2018
This week’s painting is Pilgrims Going to Church by George Henry Boughton (1833-1905). Even though Boughton grew up...
Dream-like Artworks: Minnie Evans’ Divine InspirationAugust 14, 2018
Folk Art, Surrealist, Visionary, Americana, call it what you will. Minnie Evans’ (1892-1987) dream-like artworks speak...
Museums And Exhibitions
Life In Motion Review: Egon Schiele And Francesca Woodman At Tate LiverpoolAugust 2, 2018
The current Life in Motion exhibition at Tate Liverpool features a dual display by two equally...
Beyond Glass and Interiors – Louis Comfort Tiffany’s PaintingsJune 23, 2018
Louis Comfort Tiffany was famous for his beautiful stained glass, decorative arts, and interiors. (His father,...
The American Artist Who Loved Everything British: Edwin Austin Abbey’s Shakespeare PaintingsApril 14, 2018
Painter and illustrator Edwin Austin Abbey (1852-1911) was born in America, but he spent most of...
Henry Ossawa Tanner – African-American Artistic PioneerApril 11, 2017
Henry Ossawa Tanner (1859-1937), the first African-American to become an internationally successful artist, was known for...
- These Photographs Taken By Edgar Degas Will Sweep You Off Your Feet
- Paul Gauguin – Master or Monster?
- Watch Kandinsky Drawing On A Rare Footage From 1926
- 410 Years Ago Rembrandt Was Born, Check Out His Six Magnificent Self-Portaits
- Moondance. Full Moon in Painting
- Gustav Klimt, Death and Life
- International Women’s Day 2019: Three Unknown Women Artists
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- Vermeer’s Desperate Housewives