All posts tagged "American"
Painting of the Week
George Henry Boughton, Pilgrims Going to ChurchNovember 10, 2018
This week’s painting is Pilgrims Going to Church by George Henry Boughton (1833-1905). Even though Boughton grew up...
Dream-like Artworks: Minnie Evans’ Divine InspirationAugust 14, 2018
Folk Art, Surrealist, Visionary, Americana, call it what you will. Minnie Evans’ (1892-1987) dream-like artworks speak...
Museums & Exhibitions
Life In Motion Review: Egon Schiele And Francesca Woodman At Tate LiverpoolAugust 2, 2018
The current Life in Motion exhibition at Tate Liverpool features a dual display by two equally...
Beyond Glass and Interiors – Louis Comfort Tiffany’s PaintingsJune 23, 2018
Louis Comfort Tiffany was famous for his beautiful stained glass, decorative arts, and interiors. (His father,...
The American Artist Who Loved Everything British: Edwin Austin Abbey’s Shakespeare PaintingsApril 14, 2018
Painter and illustrator Edwin Austin Abbey (1852-1911) was born in America, but he spent most of...
Henry Ossawa Tanner – African-American Artistic PioneerApril 11, 2017
Henry Ossawa Tanner (1859-1937), the first African-American to become an internationally successful artist, was known for...
- Klimt’s Unknown Portraits You’d Never Guess Were His
- 5 Fleshy Sculptures That Could Come To Life
- Amrita Sher-Gil – The India’s Frida Kahlo
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Wagnerism in Art. Painting Music or Listening to Pictures
- Why is Klimt Famous?
- Kandinsky’s World of Russian Fairy Tales
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- 10 Blue Yves Klein Masterpieces You Must Know
- 4 Artists Who Suffered Mental Illness (And How It Affected Their Art)