50 Shades Of Dr. PozziJune 2, 2018
There he is, on a portrait painted by John Singer Sargent – Dr. Pozzi, a dandy, gynecologist and notorious womanizer. Extremely handsome, if he lived in the 20th century for sure he would become a celebrity. Standing in...
Why is Klimt Famous?March 28, 2018
Gustav Klimt, born in Austria in 1862, is celebrated as one of the most valued artists in the history of art. But, why is Klimt famous? Why exactly we value his work? and what role did he play...
History Of Medicine in Art, Collection Of Artworks At Wellcome Library in LondonMarch 9, 2018
London is a great place to be for the curious and inquisitive. Public museums, galleries and libraries are homes to a vast collection of wonderful objects that mark the history of knowledge, aesthetics and creativity. Wellcome Collection, situated...
Pretty Woman: Female Beauty And The Three Graces In PaintingsMarch 8, 2018
Today is the International Women’ s Day and we, at DailyArt Magazine, have decided to celebrate this day with what we love most: art history! Our story begins with Greek mythology and three women who epitomized the ideal...
And it’s War! The Art Of The War WoundedFebruary 27, 2018
Being an English teacher, so much of what I look at is linked to the literary world. With the previous examination specification, we used to be able to do a series of war poems for examination that the students...
Greek Mythological Creatures That Combine Female Beauty And Beastly UglinessDecember 8, 2017
Gods, goddesses, demigods, horrible monsters and beasts of hybrid forms roam the world of Ancient Greek mythology. Their heredity shaped many of the fictional and fantastical creatures of our time. From Sirens that lure sailors to their death...
Faun Barberini – Sexy Animal from Ancient GreeceSeptember 25, 2017
Drunk and asleep men are rarely, if ever, beautiful and sexually appealing, but this is not the case with this sexy animal from ancient Greece. This monumental statue is not only intriguing for its aesthetics, but also for...
- The Story of Vincent van Gogh’s Bedroom And Its Three Versions
- Kandinsky’s World of Russian Fairy Tales
- Why Babies in Medieval Paintings Look Like Ugly Old Men
- Power And Propaganda – The British Royal Portraits
- 7 Van Gogh’s Extraordinary Paintings You’ve Probably Never Seen
- Pablo Picasso And His Women
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- Greek Mythological Creatures That Combine Female Beauty And Beastly Ugliness
- The Mystery of Vincent Van Gogh’s Death
- Odilon Redon’s Noir World Of Darkness