What Should We Look Like? Ask The Three GracesMay 6, 2019
No matter which show we look at – ‘America’s Next Top Model’, ‘Germany’s Next Topmodel’ or ‘Make Me a Supermodel’ – we see the same scenario. A group of young women has to go through various tasks and...
Apollo and Daphne #metooApril 24, 2019
In Ovid’s poem Metamorphoses, boastful, arrogant God Apollo is mad with love for the virginal river nymph Daphne after being shot with a golden arrow by Eros. Daphne however wishes to remain unmarried and spurns him. A chase...
Sacred Signs – Prehistoric SculptureApril 9, 2019
It seems that forming figurative shapes out of natural materials has always been with us. As humans developed, a bigger, more sophisticated brain allowed for more processing power and higher functions such as language and creative expression. Prehistoric...
Life-Size Dolls, Ropes and Erotic Photography: Scandalous World of Hans BellmerApril 8, 2019
“I am human, and I think nothing human is alien to me”, said Terence, Roman playwright sometime in the 2nd century BC. I think that art and what inspired what you will see below, is exactly this: human...
Kiki Smith’s Bodies as Instruments of Perception and TravelApril 6, 2019
It seems Kiki Smith didn’t have much choice when deciding on who to become in the future because art just flows in her veins: her father Tony Smith was a sculptor, her mother, Jane Lawrence Smith, was an...
Sylvia Sleigh. A Slay Girl Who Rocked Male PortraitureApril 2, 2019
I called Sylvia Sleigh a slay girl because she was beautiful inside out. Brave and independent, she pursued her own figurative style which by many was regarded as outmoded in the years of Pop Art dominance. She was...
Huguette Caland’s Linear EroticismMarch 26, 2019
Some see her art as sexualized. I’d rather see Huguette Caland’s linear eroticism, which shifts between abstraction and figuration, as an exploration of intimacy of human bodies and relationships. She might be one of the most brilliant Arab artists...
- Evoking The Genius Of Brancusi At The Museum Of Modern Art In New York
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Lee Krasner and the Art of Starting Over
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- Tarsila do Amaral: Joy Is the Decisive Test
- It’s Not Always What It Seems: The Fabulous Inventions of Panamarenko
- Best Bums in Art History
- 4 Artists Who Suffered Mental Illness (And How It Affected Their Art)
- Painting of the Week: Masaccio, The Tribute Money
- Greek Mythological Creatures That Combine Female Beauty And Beastly Ugliness