Frida Kahlo And The Symbolism In Her ArtAugust 8, 2017
Frida Kahlo who lived during the first half of the 20th century changed the art history in a way that she put her own dreams in her artworks. She was affected from several occasions as she had a...
Ladies In Red – Famous Red Dresses In ArtMay 26, 2017
Red in art history symbolizes many things. First of all, it was a color of power, status and wealth. Kings, princes and, beginning in 1295, Roman Catholic cardinals began to wear red colored habitus. In medieval painting red...
Birdies, Flowers and Virgins: Real Meanings Of Spring In ArtMarch 28, 2017
Spring is my favourite season and it seems to be a favourite season of many artists throughout history. Is it for its blossoming flowers, singing birds and longer days? Or is it rather for its many symbolic connotations,...
The Best of Leda And A Swan PaintingsFebruary 3, 2017
If you ever see a painting presenting the girl with a swan – it must be Leda. Leda and the Swan is a story from Greek mythology in which the god Zeus, in the form of a swan,...
A Small Guide To Still Life Symbols (Part 2)October 14, 2016
This is the second part of our article about the symbols in 16th and 17th century still lifes from the Netherlands. Read the first part here. So, we are back with our small guide to still life symbols....
The Best Of Judith And Holofernes PaintingsSeptember 27, 2016
Judith and Holofernes is one of the most feminist themes in the history of art. It is a biblical story written in the apocryphal Book of Judith. Judith was a beautiful widow who was upset with her Jewish countrymen for...
- Klimt’s Unknown Portraits You’d Never Guess Were His
- 5 Fleshy Sculptures That Could Come To Life
- Amrita Sher-Gil – The India’s Frida Kahlo
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Wagnerism in Art. Painting Music or Listening to Pictures
- Why is Klimt Famous?
- Kandinsky’s World of Russian Fairy Tales
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- 10 Blue Yves Klein Masterpieces You Must Know
- 4 Artists Who Suffered Mental Illness (And How It Affected Their Art)