The True Story Of American Gothic According to SNLDecember 5, 2017
If you ever wondered how famous paintings were created, how exactly looked the process of creation, setting up the sitters, choosing their poses… Here is the hilarious story behind the creation of the American Gothic which shows it wasn’t...
Looking For Hot Renaissance Boys?June 20, 2017
Then look no further! If you need a sight of some muscular bodies, don’t go to the beach this year, but book yourself a ticket to the Sistine Chapel where these hot Renaissance boys are waiting for you...
Loving Vincent The Movie Premieres TodayJune 13, 2017
Today, at Annecy Film Festival, Loving Vincent, a film impatiently expected by all art lovers around the world will have its premiere. By bringing to live Vincent van Gogh’s paintings, the film, which is the first fully painted feature...
Roy Lichtenstein’s Art Quiz For Every Art HistorianJune 10, 2017
Pop art is popping up again! Yet this time, it won’t at all reveal the mechanisms of the modern society with its mass product, celebrities and media hegemony. This time I want to show you that Pop Art,...
Cindy Sherman vs Old MastersMay 8, 2017
Time for a little quiz for all those who consider themselves the experts in Old Masters! We will show you photographs made by Cindy Sherman, a contemporary American photographer, which reference famous portraits from art history. Ready? Untitled #224,...
Why Is She So Hairy? Iconography of Mary MagdaleneApril 29, 2017
I had always asked myself this question when I came across the Gothic or early Renaissance representations of Mary Magdalene such as this: WHY IS SHE SO HAIRY? We should start the story from the beginning: Mary Magdalene...
Are You Into Illusions? Oops, It’s Op Art again!April 22, 2017
Ever been to an optometrist? Then you probably know these graphic cards which check whether you are colour blind. I remember how stressed I always felt to do them right. Well, Op Art, that is Optical Art, may...
- ALL Art In BoJack Horseman We Could Find Gathered In One Place
- These 5 Weird Portraits from Kunsthistorisches Museum Will Make You Wonder
- Kandinsky’s World of Russian Fairy Tales
- The Flying Lovers, Bella and Marc Chagall
- Five Ideas For Valentine’s Day Inspired By Art History
- Watch Georgia O’Keeffe Talking About Her Life
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- The Story Of The Art Dealer Durand-Ruel, The Man Behind Impressionism
- The Story Behind The Tribuna Of The Uffizi By Johan Zoffany
- Hello World! DailyArt Magazine Is LIVE