Ladies In Red – Famous Red Dresses In ArtMay 26, 2017
Red in art history symbolizes many things. First of all, it was a color of power, status and wealth. Kings, princes and, beginning in 1295, Roman Catholic cardinals began to wear red colored habitus. In medieval painting red...
Birdies, Flowers and Virgins: Real Meanings Of Spring In ArtMarch 28, 2017
Spring is my favourite season and it seems to be a favourite season of many artists throughout history. Is it for its blossoming flowers, singing birds and longer days? Or is it rather for its many symbolic connotations,...
A Small Guide To Still Life Symbols (Part 2)October 14, 2016
This is the second part of our article about the symbols in 16th and 17th century still lifes from the Netherlands. Read the first part here. So, we are back with our small guide to still life symbols....
- ALL Art In BoJack Horseman We Could Find Gathered In One Place
- These 5 Weird Portraits from Kunsthistorisches Museum Will Make You Wonder
- Kandinsky’s World of Russian Fairy Tales
- The Flying Lovers, Bella and Marc Chagall
- Five Ideas For Valentine’s Day Inspired By Art History
- Watch Georgia O’Keeffe Talking About Her Life
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- The Story Of The Art Dealer Durand-Ruel, The Man Behind Impressionism
- The Story Behind The Tribuna Of The Uffizi By Johan Zoffany
- Hello World! DailyArt Magazine Is LIVE