Carousels, Roundabouts, Merry-Go-Rounds in Art…All the Fun of the FairOctober 10, 2017
The carousel, roundabout or Merry-Go-Round, has a long history stemming back to the time of the crusades and was used as a method of training for combat, with riders galloping in circles throwing balls to one another. Eventually,...
Time For Golf! Golf PaintingsSeptember 30, 2017
I live in St Andrews, a small town in Scotland which is a legendary cradle of golf in the UK. Yesterday, when I was strolling on the golf course, I wondered whether there was any golf painting showing...
Sports Lover? Spot The Ball!October 6, 2016
Are you an active person? You can’t sit for a long while, you have to be always on the move? Well, then this is a short collection just for you: sports paintings by Sir John Lavery, an Irish...
Sports fan? These 7 Historical Posters Show That Olympic Games Are Not Over YetSeptember 12, 2016
We thought we’d overslept the Olympic Games in Rio this summer… But there are Paraolympic Games going on so there is still a reason to celebrate the magic of sport! Let’s unveil our selection of precious posters which...
- The Story of Vincent van Gogh’s Bedroom And Its Three Versions
- Kandinsky’s World of Russian Fairy Tales
- Why Babies in Medieval Paintings Look Like Ugly Old Men
- Power And Propaganda – The British Royal Portraits
- 7 Van Gogh’s Extraordinary Paintings You’ve Probably Never Seen
- Pablo Picasso And His Women
- Greek Mythological Creatures That Combine Female Beauty And Beastly Ugliness
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- The Mystery of Vincent Van Gogh’s Death
- How To Do 21st Century Grand Tour according to Mr. Bacchus