Carousels, Roundabouts, Merry-Go-Rounds in Art…All the Fun of the FairOctober 10, 2017
The carousel, roundabout or Merry-Go-Round, has a long history stemming back to the time of the crusades and was used as a method of training for combat, with riders galloping in circles throwing balls to one another. Eventually,...
Time For Golf! Golf PaintingsSeptember 30, 2017
I live in St Andrews, a small town in Scotland which is a legendary cradle of golf in the UK. Yesterday, when I was strolling on the golf course, I wondered whether there was any golf painting showing...
Sports Lover? Spot The Ball!October 6, 2016
Are you an active person? You can’t sit for a long while, you have to be always on the move? Well, then this is a short collection just for you: sports paintings by Sir John Lavery, an Irish...
Sports fan? These 7 Historical Posters Show That Olympic Games Are Not Over YetSeptember 12, 2016
We thought we’d overslept the Olympic Games in Rio this summer… But there are Paraolympic Games going on so there is still a reason to celebrate the magic of sport! Let’s unveil our selection of precious posters which...
- The Mystery Of Durer’s Magic Square
- Restoration of “Last Supper” You Had No Idea Existed
- The Fantastic Jungles of Henri Rousseau
- Jackson Pollock: The Face Of Abstract Expressionism
- Six Female Artists of the Hudson River School
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Kandinsky’s World of Russian Fairy Tales
- 5 Greatest Baroque Painters And Their Work
- Greek Mythological Creatures That Combine Female Beauty And Beastly Ugliness