The End of the Label? Anderson and Malouf at the Kunsthistoriches MuseumMarch 1, 2019
Director Wes Anderson and his partner, costume designer and author Juman Malouf, co-curated an exhibition without any labels about the items. Is it the first of many to come? Wes Anderson and Juman Malouf were given the rare...
Hilma af Klint in the Guggenheim Museum and the Rethinking of Abstract ArtFebruary 27, 2019
I avoided seeing the Hilma af Klint—Paintings for the Future exhibition in New York City for months because I did not like the abstract artwork the Guggenheim used to advertise it. I thought the shapes in the paintings were...
Rijksmuseum. A Filter of BeautyFebruary 21, 2019
It was December, and the holidays were getting closer. So, I felt it was time for me to take a look at a map of Europe and find a historic city, a capital that would have the power...
Margherita Sarfatti at Museo del Novecento in MilanFebruary 4, 2019
Margherita Sarfatti: Segni, colori e luci in Museo del Novecento in Milan is an exhibition devoted to the life of one of the most influential female figures in the history of the 20th-century Italian art. With the exhibition’s...
The Writing on the Wall. Banksy’s Unauthorized ExhibitionJanuary 30, 2019
From when we wake up to when we go to sleep, one week over to the next, our lives line up in a series of routines and responsibilities, giving rhythm to our collective existence which is punctuated only...
Bauhaus Turns 100! Yahoo! This is your celebration!January 25, 2019
As one of my fav bands Kool&The Gang sings in their hit Celebration, I want to “celebrate good times” of Bauhaus in “a celebration to last throughout the years/ So bring your good times, and your laughter too/We...
Epic Abstraction: An Enhanced PerspectiveJanuary 17, 2019
‘Epic Abstraction: Pollock to Herrera’ is an ongoing exhibition from the Metropolitan Museum of Art that opened on December 17, 2018. The exhibition is on the second floor, in the Lila Acheson Wallace Wing, occupying galleries 917-925. Many...
- A Hero and Mythical Creatures: Famous Spiders in Art
- James McNeill Whistler, Portrait of Artist’s Mother (Painting Of The Week)
- 7 Things You Need To Know About Jean-Honoré Fragonard
- Top 5 Zeus’ Lovers and Their Crazy Stories
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Dive Into The World Of Alexander Calder’s Circus
- Picnic Time! Best Picnic Inspirations From Art
- 12 Famous Funeral Paintings of Western Art
- 4 Artists Who Suffered Mental Illness (And How It Affected Their Art)
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know