Murder on the Canvas: How artists portray the ultimate tabooDecember 18, 2017
To quote the novelist, Aldous Huxley, “It takes two to make a murder. There are born victims, born to have their throats cut, as the cut-throats are born to be hanged” and if we look at the way...
Brief Story of Claude Monet’s Garden in GivernyDecember 2, 2017
Famous Impressionist artist Claude Monet‘s garden in Giverny has been one of the must-see sights for every art lover visiting France. It is a flowering domain where the artist had spent last forty-or-so years of his life, digging,...
Wyndham Lewis: Life, Art, WarNovember 30, 2017
“Vorticism, in fact, was what I, personally, did and said at a certain period” Here speaketh the 20th century’s most spoiled, narcissist visionary, Percy Wyndham Lewis. The self-described “novelist, painter, sculptor, philosopher, draughtsman, critic, politician, journalist, essayist, pamphleteer”...
I Modi: History of Erotic Art (NSFW)November 10, 2017
Have you ever heard of I Modi (The Positions)? Also known as The Sixteen Pleasures or under the Latin title De omnibus Veneris Schematibus, is a famous erotic book of the Italian Renaissance in which a series of...
William Hogarth – Marriage à-la-modeOctober 17, 2017
The 18th century British painter William Hogarth created an insightful series of paintings about the arranged marriages of his times, entitled Marriage à-la-mode. William Hogarth – Marriage à-la-mode – takes us into the unholy world of love affairs...
Carousels, Roundabouts, Merry-Go-Rounds in Art…All the Fun of the FairOctober 10, 2017
The carousel, roundabout or Merry-Go-Round, has a long history stemming back to the time of the crusades and was used as a method of training for combat, with riders galloping in circles throwing balls to one another. Eventually,...
Big Mr Sunshine: Portraits of Louis XIVOctober 3, 2017
September is a month of Louis XIV: he was born on the 5th and died on the 1st September. He was definitely a great arts patron but sadly a ‘slightly’ less great king. However, that didn’t stop him to...
- ALL Art In BoJack Horseman We Could Find Gathered In One Place
- These 5 Weird Portraits from Kunsthistorisches Museum Will Make You Wonder
- Kandinsky’s World of Russian Fairy Tales
- The Flying Lovers, Bella and Marc Chagall
- Five Ideas For Valentine’s Day Inspired By Art History
- Watch Georgia O’Keeffe Talking About Her Life
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- The Story Of The Art Dealer Durand-Ruel, The Man Behind Impressionism
- The Story Behind The Tribuna Of The Uffizi By Johan Zoffany
- Hello World! DailyArt Magazine Is LIVE