The Art of Mihrab – little masterpieces of Islamic artOctober 11, 2017
What is a mihrab? It’s a typically semi-circular niche in the mosque. It’s usually inserted in the centre of the Quibla wall, the wall which points towards Mecca, the holy direction of Muslim prayer. With time, mihrabs turned from...
These 4 Mosques Will Make You Adore Islamic ArchitectureAugust 3, 2016
At the moment, Islam is a difficult topic to talk about. Yet art is beyond all that. We want to show you how beautiful and unique buildings Islam has created for us. Here are the wonders of Islamic architecture: 1....
- The Mystery Of Durer’s Magic Square
- Restoration of “Last Supper” You Had No Idea Existed
- The Fantastic Jungles of Henri Rousseau
- Jackson Pollock: The Face Of Abstract Expressionism
- Six Female Artists of the Hudson River School
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Kandinsky’s World of Russian Fairy Tales
- 5 Greatest Baroque Painters And Their Work
- Greek Mythological Creatures That Combine Female Beauty And Beastly Ugliness