See Alexander Calder’s Unique JewelleryJune 16, 2018
Alexnder Calder is one of my favorite sculptors, his mobiles are so light and simple and yet stunning with serene beauty. However, today I won’t write about them but about jewellery pieces he would make for his wife...
Architecture or Jewelry? Josef Hoffmann’s Modern BroochesApril 19, 2018
As long as our cities, our houses, our rooms, our cupboards, our everyday appliances, our clothes, our jewels, as long as our language and feelings do not represent the spirit of our age in a purer, simpler and...
A Queen Within: Meet The Seven Fashionable PersonalitiesFebruary 9, 2018
What do Alexander McQueen, Gucci and Iris van Herpen have in common? Well, they are three of the best-known contemporary fashion brands, and their founders either were or still are great designers. There is an exhibition on now...
Jewellery in Rossetti’s paintingsJanuary 26, 2018
Each jewellery in Rossetti’s paintings worn by his models wasn’t invented but copied from actual accessories from the artist’s collection. Pieces were carefully selected to complement the garment, color and other aesthetic features of the painting. Rossetti kept...
Get Yourself Ready, Met Gala 2018 Theme Is Revealed: “Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination”November 15, 2017
This is going to be MADNESS. Every year Metropolitan Museum of Art hosts the famous Met Gala. Formally called the Costume Institute Gala and also known as the Met Ball, is an annual fundraising gala for the benefit...
Beyond Madame X: Portraits by John Singer SargentNovember 4, 2017
John Singer Sargent is one of art history’s most famous portrait painters. He was born in Italy to American parents and received his formal artistic training in Paris, where he quickly became successful at the all-important annual Salon....
Need An Artsy Halloween Costume Inspiration?October 27, 2017
Halloween’s coming! Have you already got a costume? Do you want to emphasize your passion for art but are bored with the usual Frida Kahlo mono-brow? How about an artsy Halloween costume like… Dada Costume Bauhaus costume Klimt...
- A Hero and Mythical Creatures: Famous Spiders in Art
- James McNeill Whistler, Portrait of Artist’s Mother (Painting Of The Week)
- 7 Things You Need To Know About Jean-Honoré Fragonard
- Top 5 Zeus’ Lovers and Their Crazy Stories
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Dive Into The World Of Alexander Calder’s Circus
- Picnic Time! Best Picnic Inspirations From Art
- 12 Famous Funeral Paintings of Western Art
- 4 Artists Who Suffered Mental Illness (And How It Affected Their Art)
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know