Architecture or Jewelry? Josef Hoffmann’s Modern BroochesApril 19, 2018
As long as our cities, our houses, our rooms, our cupboards, our everyday appliances, our clothes, our jewels, as long as our language and feelings do not represent the spirit of our age in a purer, simpler and...
This Apple Store in Vienna Is Better Than Others- See WhyMarch 2, 2018
Just last week, on February 24, Apple unveiled its first retail store in Austria and you can find it on Kärntner Straße, Vienna’s famous high street. As a technological troglodyte, I wouldn’t even notice this important event if...
WW: The Viennese Design Brand You’ve Always Dreamt OfFebruary 28, 2018
Heard of Bauhaus? Yes. Heard of De Stijl? Yes. Heard of Wiener Werkstätte? No. No?! That’s the problem: I haven’t heard of WW either, even though they were the most fashionable and successful Viennese design brands ever. Why is...
Chagall And The Coloured GlassAugust 9, 2016
When I went to see Reims cathedral last summer, I didn’t expect to find Marc Chagall’s stained glass windows in the centuries old church. Fascinated by this fusion of tradition and modernity, I decided to investigate Chagall’s work...
- The Story of Vincent van Gogh’s Bedroom And Its Three Versions
- Kandinsky’s World of Russian Fairy Tales
- Why Babies in Medieval Paintings Look Like Ugly Old Men
- Power And Propaganda – The British Royal Portraits
- 7 Van Gogh’s Extraordinary Paintings You’ve Probably Never Seen
- Pablo Picasso And His Women
- Greek Mythological Creatures That Combine Female Beauty And Beastly Ugliness
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- The Mystery of Vincent Van Gogh’s Death
- How To Do 21st Century Grand Tour according to Mr. Bacchus