Let It Be: The Annunciation In Medieval And Renaissance Christian ArtAugust 28, 2018
Religious themes in art have prevailed throughout time. Whether it is Catholicism, Judaism, Islam, or Hinduism – being able to visually interact (through images or text) with the religious messages is an important aspect to many religious followers...
The Fantasy World of Giuseppe Arcimboldo’s PortraitsJuly 5, 2018
Mannerism was a style in European art that was full of weirdness and exaggeration. Sophistication and artificiality were its second name. It favoured compositional tension and instability. It favoured everything that was as far from Renaissance balance and clarity...
Game Of The 7 Errors With Lucas Cranach The ElderJune 22, 2018
Do you like games? Your mission in today’s game is to identify seven differences between the artworks of Lucas Cranach the Elder that I chose from his series. While you discover the differences, I tell you a little...
Restoration of “Last Supper” You Had No Idea ExistedJune 6, 2018
Everybody knows Last Supper painted by Leonardo da Vinci hosted in the Milanese church Santa Maria delle Grazie. But does anyone know another painting treating the same theme painted by a woman artist in Florence around 50 years...
Calumny of Apelles – Botticelli’s Final PaintingMay 24, 2018
Botticelli’s final painting with a mythological subject is based on a lost painting by an ancient Greek painter Apelles. He ventured to paint a work according to a description provided by Lucian in his “Dialogues”. Although Botticelli was...
The Mystery Of Mantegna TarocchiApril 23, 2018
The Mantegna Tarocchi, also known as the Tarocchi Cards, Tarocchi in the style of Mantegna, is a double series of 50 instructional engravings each. The sets are known as the E-series Tarocchi Cards and the S-series Tarocchi Cards....
Painting of the Week: Portrait of A Man in Red Chalk (aka Leonardo da Vinci)April 15, 2018
Hello, it’s me, I was wondering if after all these years (exactly 566 today) you’d like to meet… I guess it’s a cult portrait by now, probably almost everyone knows my face. It’s kind of awkward, though, that...
- Pierre-Auguste Renoir, The Theatre Box
- 5 Reasons To Visit Kröller-Müller Museum
- Paul Gauguin, The Vision after the Sermon
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- The Unicorn Tapestries – Allegory Of Christ, Or A Happy Husband?
- Top 5 Zeus’ Lovers and Their Crazy Stories
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- Elizabeth Nourse: “Unquestionably The Premier Woman Artiste of America”
- 4 Artists Who Suffered Mental Illness (And How It Affected Their Art)
- A Tribute to Sister Wendy Beckett – Art Historian, Nun, and TV Personality