The Lifelike Death Fayum Portraits of Roman EgyptFebruary 28, 2017
After the defeat of Mark Antony and Cleopatra by Octavian in 30 BCE, Egypt became a province of the Roman Empire. Romans trickled into their new African territory and assimilated well within the existing culture. That is to...
A Woman With A Knife – The Story of LucretiaOctober 16, 2016
If you see a woman with a knife on a painting – think Lucretia. Lucretia was an ancient Roman woman whose fate played a vital role in the transition from the Roman Kingdom to the Roman Republic. Her suicide...
- A Hero and Mythical Creatures: Famous Spiders in Art
- James McNeill Whistler, Portrait of Artist’s Mother (Painting Of The Week)
- 7 Things You Need To Know About Jean-Honoré Fragonard
- Top 5 Zeus’ Lovers and Their Crazy Stories
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Dive Into The World Of Alexander Calder’s Circus
- Picnic Time! Best Picnic Inspirations From Art
- 12 Famous Funeral Paintings of Western Art
- 4 Artists Who Suffered Mental Illness (And How It Affected Their Art)
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know