The Lifelike Death Fayum Portraits of Roman EgyptFebruary 28, 2017
After the defeat of Mark Antony and Cleopatra by Octavian in 30 BCE, Egypt became a province of the Roman Empire. Romans trickled into their new African territory and assimilated well within the existing culture. That is to...
A Woman With A Knife – The Story of LucretiaOctober 16, 2016
If you see a woman with a knife on a painting – think Lucretia. Lucretia was an ancient Roman woman whose fate played a vital role in the transition from the Roman Kingdom to the Roman Republic. Her suicide...
- Painting Of The Week – Rembrandt van Rijn, Flora
- Through the eyes of Claude Monet
- Edgar Degas And His Most Beautiful Ballerinas
- Pieter Bruegel: Hunters in the Snow. Hidden Stories and Meanings
- Holy Cow! Why Did The Dutch Painters Love Cows?
- Four Women Impressionists You Shouldn’t Forget
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- Jeff Koons And His Balloon Dogs
- ALL Art In BoJack Horseman We Could Find Gathered In One Place (5th Season Update)