Gwen John: A Converted ArtistJanuary 25, 2018
This artist is my most recent painterly discovery. I haven’t heard of her before and I think it’s such a shame! Her tranquil paintings in Post-Impressionist style are the best thing for a relaxing afternoon… Have a read...
Best Party Posters of 19th CenturyDecember 31, 2017
Are you ready for the crazy party tonight? Although lithography was invented in 1798, it was at first too slow and expensive for poster production. Most posters were wood or metal engravings with little color or design. This...
10 Photographic Reasons Why You Should Fall In Love with Toulouse-LautrecDecember 21, 2017
Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, was a French painter, printmaker, draughtsman, caricaturist and illustrator whose immersion in the colourful and theatrical life of Paris in the late 19th century allowed him to produce a collection of enticing, elegant and provocative...
Montmartre – The Home To Many InspirationsOctober 12, 2017
Montmartre – the home to many inspirations was and still is the most artistic district of Paris. It is also known as the “heart of the city” and it surely doesn’t need to be introduced to anyone. It...
The Best Landscape Paintings to Greet AutumnSeptember 28, 2017
Now that summer is officially over, looking through the window in many places is all about rain and clouds. To inspire us with the more beautiful aspects of the season, why not remind ourselves of some great pieces...
Cézanne’s Postimpressionist Portraits At The Musée d’OrsaySeptember 12, 2017
Paul Cézanne was a French artist widely acknowledged for bridging the late years of Impressionism and the early years of Postimpressionism. Cézanne’s Postimpressionist portraits number over 200, around 60 of which are currently on display at the Musée...
Want To See 5 Sunflowers At Once? Visit FacebookAugust 13, 2017
I have couple of things on my bucket list regarding art. One of it is to see all versions on Vincent van Gogh’s Sunflowers live, with my own eyes. I didn’t manage to do it yet but art...
- Pierre-Auguste Renoir, The Theatre Box
- 5 Reasons To Visit Kröller-Müller Museum
- Paul Gauguin, The Vision after the Sermon
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- The Unicorn Tapestries – Allegory Of Christ, Or A Happy Husband?
- Top 5 Zeus’ Lovers and Their Crazy Stories
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- Elizabeth Nourse: “Unquestionably The Premier Woman Artiste of America”
- 4 Artists Who Suffered Mental Illness (And How It Affected Their Art)
- A Tribute to Sister Wendy Beckett – Art Historian, Nun, and TV Personality