The Dreaming Youths: A Children’s Book That Parents Would Hide From Their Kids
Misunderstood Music, Forbidden Romance and Richard Gerstl’s ArtMay 22, 2018
When an avant-garde composer and painter becomes friends with an avant-garde painter, their relationship will be a stormy one. And if the wife of one of them becomes involved, things will get even more complicated… This is a...
Edvard Munch and The Frieze of LifeMay 17, 2018
By 1902, Edvard Munch’s life had seen a pattern of chaos within his professional life, his health and his love life. While his life had become solitary, his artwork was not destined to remain stacked against the walls,...
Life And The Human Condition Through The Eyes Of Oswaldo GuayasamínMay 9, 2018
Early Life and Works Oswaldo Guayasamín was born into a humble family in Quito, Ecuador on July 6, 1919, as the oldest of 10 siblings. His father was an indigenous Quechua man who worked as a tractor driver, while...
Franz Marc – The Painter Who Loved HorsesMarch 5, 2018
German Expressionist movement had many faces. But one of the most interesting one was the one of Franz Marc. Marc looked to the natural world as an antidote to modern life, from which he felt increasingly alienated. This is...
Paula Modersohn-Becker: The Unknown ExpressionistFebruary 1, 2018
Some time ago, while writing an article about moustaches in paintings, I came across a fascinating German Expressionist who was not part of the famous Die Brucke group. All the more, this painter was a woman which in...
Jackson Pollock: The Face Of Abstract ExpressionismJanuary 28, 2018
A man walks on his creation, a fragmentary and chaotic creation. But it is an elaborate, creative and almost romantic chaos. He’s in love with his canvas. This man is Jackson Pollock. Jackson Pollock’s paintings represent a great...
Everything You Must Know About James Ensor PaintingsOctober 30, 2017
Halloween is coming and in our team we were thinking who should we feature tomorrow on our DailyArt app (available for free on iOS and Android). It’s so easy to go with Füssli and his Shakespeare-like scenes, Goya...
- Pierre-Auguste Renoir, The Theatre Box
- 5 Reasons To Visit Kröller-Müller Museum
- Paul Gauguin, The Vision after the Sermon
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- The Unicorn Tapestries – Allegory Of Christ, Or A Happy Husband?
- Top 5 Zeus’ Lovers and Their Crazy Stories
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- Elizabeth Nourse: “Unquestionably The Premier Woman Artiste of America”
- 4 Artists Who Suffered Mental Illness (And How It Affected Their Art)
- A Tribute to Sister Wendy Beckett – Art Historian, Nun, and TV Personality