Art of the Spanish Civil War: Political Propaganda and the Modernist Avant-Garde
Pablo Picasso And His WomenNovember 28, 2017
Pablo Picasso perhaps the most influential and recognizable painter of the 20th century, is well known for his deep love and appreciation for women. Picasso did not have an easy relationship with women – he only loved them...
How Cubism Changed During The 20th Century?July 22, 2017
Art history changed lot during the start of the 20th century. First World War affected this transition and changed up the process as many artist tried to express their feelings in a different way during the war times....
When Picasso Changed Art By Inspiring OthersFebruary 15, 2017
It’s 1907, and Picasso is feverishly working in Bateau Lavoire, Montmartre. A large canvas of the prostitutes from a hometown brothel is driving him mad. What began as a brothel scene, morphed into something so radical that it...
5 Paintings By Piet Mondrian You Wouldn’t Believe Were HisFebruary 1, 2017
Piet Mondrian, one of the founders of the Dutch modern movement De Stijl, is mostly known for his pure abstractions from the 1920s, reduced to lines and rectangles and basics colors. You know what I mean: But before Mondrian...
Before Boccioni Turned FuturistJanuary 10, 2017
Very few artists developed their styles early in the careers. Most of them were searching for the new means of expression for their entire lives, often making unexpected turns and changes. One of such artists was Umberto Boccioni,...
- Edgar Degas And His Most Beautiful Ballerinas
- Seven Errors Game with Lucas Cranach the Elder
- The Quiet Life Of Vilhelm Hammershøi Interiors
- These 4 Cutest Joshua Reynolds’ Children Will Make You Miss Childhood
- Grow Your Artsy Mustache For Movember!
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Notre-Dame Is Burning Down
- Talk About The Passion – Exploring Art at Easter
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- 4 Artists Who Suffered Mental Illness (And How It Affected Their Art)