Frederick Stuart Church: Painter of HarmonyFebruary 12, 2018
A lifetime of training could not have prepared Frederick Stuart Church for 1863. But his works of fantasy that came after clung to and perhaps even dictated national Romantic bent: idyllic portraits of women and animals existing in...
Story Within A Story In Paula Rego’s WorldFebruary 10, 2018
She is probably the most important figure in the narrative British painting nowadays. She draws her inspiration from fairytales, myths, animations and transforms the stories into mysterious, often unsettling paintings. In Paula Rego’s world, nothing is as it...
The History of Amedeo Modigliani’s PortraitsJanuary 30, 2018
Amedeo Clemente Modigliani, the infamous early 20th-century Italian-Jewish painter and sculptor who developed a unique, modern style in the artistic quartiers of Paris, is particularly noted for his portrayal of people – including nudes – with a characteristic and easily recognizable...
Jackson Pollock: The Face Of Abstract ExpressionismJanuary 28, 2018
A man walks on his creation, a fragmentary and chaotic creation. But it is an elaborate, creative and almost romantic chaos. He’s in love with his canvas. This man is Jackson Pollock. Jackson Pollock’s paintings represent a great...
Marion Adnams: A Teacher Who Turned a SurrealistJanuary 22, 2018
Would you ever suspect one of your teachers to be a painter? Marion Adnams, a modern languages teacher from Derby, England turned out to be a hidden talent. When she began to take evening drawing classes, nobody expected...
Jeff Koons And His Balloon DogsJanuary 21, 2018
On this day in 1955 one of the most controversial artists of 20th century was born. Jeff Koons is the artist who blended the concerns and methods of Pop, Conceptual, and appropriation art with craft-making and popular culture...
Fernando Botero And His Remakes Of Classic MasterpiecesJanuary 15, 2018
I must tell you something in secret – I love Fernando Botero’s works. There is something really interesting in his paintings. This Colombian figurative artist and sculptor, born in Medellín in 1932 (yes, that Medellín from “Narcos”!) has his signature...
- ALL Art In BoJack Horseman We Could Find Gathered In One Place
- These 5 Weird Portraits from Kunsthistorisches Museum Will Make You Wonder
- Kandinsky’s World of Russian Fairy Tales
- The Flying Lovers, Bella and Marc Chagall
- Five Ideas For Valentine’s Day Inspired By Art History
- Watch Georgia O’Keeffe Talking About Her Life
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- The Story Of The Art Dealer Durand-Ruel, The Man Behind Impressionism
- The Story Behind The Tribuna Of The Uffizi By Johan Zoffany
- Hello World! DailyArt Magazine Is LIVE