The Story of Vincent van Gogh’s Bedroom And Its Three VersionsFebruary 24, 2018
The Bedroom are among the most famous paintings of Vincent van Gogh. Why “are”? There are three similar paintings of the same title. All three versions are described in his letters, easily discernible from one another by the pictures on...
Did They Burn Picasso? 12 Years Later The Stolen Artworks From Chácara do Céu Museum Remain MissingFebruary 23, 2018
It was 2006. Armed men invaded the Chácara do Céu Museum in Rio de Janeiro and stole a fortune in paintings. The stolen artworks included Picasso, Monet, Dalí, and Matisse, all the great painters of modern art. On...
The Story Of The Art Dealer Durand-Ruel, The Man Behind ImpressionismFebruary 16, 2018
The story is known: at the end of the 19th century a group of young French artists dissatisfied with academic rules began to develop a new type of art which dealt with new themes and a offered a...
What Edouard Manet and Saint Francis have in common?January 24, 2018
Edouard Manet once remarked: “I should like to be the Saint Francis of still life”. While the comparisons between Manet and Saint Francis may not be immediately obvious, in some ways, Manet did achieve his goal. Both Manet and...
Brief Story of Claude Monet’s Garden in GivernyDecember 2, 2017
Famous Impressionist artist Claude Monet‘s garden in Giverny has been one of the must-see sights for every art lover visiting France. It is a flowering domain where the artist had spent last forty-or-so years of his life, digging,...
Visit Parisian Landmarks In These Ten Gorgeous PaintingsDecember 1, 2017
If you’ve ever been to Paris, you know that there’s nothing like seeing the city in person. However, that’s no reason not to get a taste of it with some help from great artists. So, let’s look at ten...
Julie Manet – the Beauty of ImpressionismNovember 22, 2017
Julie Manet – the Beauty of Impressionism – was the daughter of the wealthy, well-connected painter Berthe Morisot and Eugène Manet, the brother of the famous impressionist painter Édouard Manet. The muse’s mother was highly valued as...
- Pierre-Auguste Renoir, The Theatre Box
- 5 Reasons To Visit Kröller-Müller Museum
- Paul Gauguin, The Vision after the Sermon
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- The Unicorn Tapestries – Allegory Of Christ, Or A Happy Husband?
- Top 5 Zeus’ Lovers and Their Crazy Stories
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- Elizabeth Nourse: “Unquestionably The Premier Woman Artiste of America”
- 4 Artists Who Suffered Mental Illness (And How It Affected Their Art)
- A Tribute to Sister Wendy Beckett – Art Historian, Nun, and TV Personality