Architecture or Jewelry? Josef Hoffmann’s Modern BroochesApril 19, 2018
As long as our cities, our houses, our rooms, our cupboards, our everyday appliances, our clothes, our jewels, as long as our language and feelings do not represent the spirit of our age in a purer, simpler and...
The Poster Manifest: Making Publicity Beautiful Again!April 3, 2018
Publicity is all about hijacking your thoughts and stealing attention, yet some posters prove that it can be done in a beautiful and mindful way. Wouldn’t it be great to be among art every day? Imagine going to...
Why is Klimt Famous?March 28, 2018
Gustav Klimt, born in Austria in 1862, is celebrated as one of the most valued artists in the history of art. But, why is Klimt famous? Why exactly we value his work? and what role did he play...
WW: The Viennese Design Brand You’ve Always Dreamt OfFebruary 28, 2018
Heard of Bauhaus? Yes. Heard of De Stijl? Yes. Heard of Wiener Werkstätte? No. No?! That’s the problem: I haven’t heard of WW either, even though they were the most fashionable and successful Viennese design brands ever. Why is...
Art Nouveau Explained in GIFsJune 7, 2017
The Art Nouveau Season on Europeana explores the depth and diversity of the influential art movement and features beautiful Art Nouveau jewellery, posters and much more. Below, you’ll find the highlights of the movement, illustrated by Art Nouveau...
Painting Human Desire For Happiness – Klimt’s Beethoven FriezeJune 6, 2017
When we think of Gustav Klimt we see beautiful women portraits, sensual and dangerous compositions, gold and decorative motifs. But if you have ever been to the famous building of Vienna Secession building (which is now a gallery of...
Loïe Fuller, darling of Art NouveauApril 14, 2017
This month we’re partnering with Europeana again to celebrate their fantastic new Art Nouveau season (21 February – 29 May). The season explores the depth and diversity of the influential art movement and features beautiful Art Nouveau jewellery,...
- Pierre-Auguste Renoir, The Theatre Box
- 5 Reasons To Visit Kröller-Müller Museum
- Paul Gauguin, The Vision after the Sermon
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- The Unicorn Tapestries – Allegory Of Christ, Or A Happy Husband?
- Top 5 Zeus’ Lovers and Their Crazy Stories
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- Elizabeth Nourse: “Unquestionably The Premier Woman Artiste of America”
- 4 Artists Who Suffered Mental Illness (And How It Affected Their Art)
- A Tribute to Sister Wendy Beckett – Art Historian, Nun, and TV Personality