Henry Ossawa Tanner – African-American Artistic PioneerApril 11, 2017
Henry Ossawa Tanner (1859-1937), the first African-American to become an internationally successful artist, was known for his beautiful religious paintings and scenes of African-American life. He is often compared to Old Masters such as Rembrandt and Caravaggio because...
Naked Truth About Academic ArtOctober 1, 2016
Academicism was a dominant style in European sculpture and painting in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. It was called so because it was dictated by the French Academy of Art, Académie des Beaux-Arts, which was probably the most...
- Edward Hopper’s Drawings That Will Blow Your Mind
- These 4 Cutest Joshua Reynolds’ Children Will Make You Miss Childhood
- Painting Parenthood – Artists’ Children Depicted by Their Mothers
- Is Jeff Koons’ Art Pornography? (18+)
- Jeff Koons And His Balloon Dogs
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Greek Mythological Creatures That Combine Female Beauty And Beastly Ugliness
- Painting Norway – Harald Sohlberg at Dulwich Picture Gallery
- 6 Rooms from Famous Paintings Brought to Real Life
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know