Just Married: Wedding Paintings Which Will Secure You A Happy Future TogetherSeptember 11, 2018
Is it only me, or do you also find yourself seeing all those happy photos of your friends/acquaintances getting married while scrolling down your Facebook feed? Feels like I’m becoming a second Bridget Jones, “all by myself”… Anyway,...
Gilbert & George, Art And Love At First SightAugust 29, 2018
One day two young students, Gilbert Prousch and George Passmore, met at Central Saint Martins College of Art in London in 1967. It was love at first sight and they never separated again, whether in art or in...
King Pedro And Inês de Castro – What Life Took Apart, Death Put Back TogetherAugust 8, 2018
Every country has its legends and fairytales and Portugal is not an exception. One of the most known Portuguese tales is a love story about King Pedro of Portugal and Inês de Castro. Their relationship did not end...
Do You Watch ‘Love Island’? See This Art SpecialJune 19, 2018
At the moment, the annual summer show ‘Love Island’ on ITV is a top topic in the UK where I live. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, imagine a group of bikini-clad young girls and lads...
How To Break Up (And What To Do Next): 5 Love Tips From Brazilian Painter Belmiro de AlmeidaJune 12, 2018
Valentine’s Day is traditionally celebrated on February 14th, you know for sure. But, in the country where I live, Brazil, the date reserved for lovers is June 12th. On that day, couples meet, go to candlelit dinners and...
Misunderstood Music, Forbidden Romance and Richard Gerstl’s ArtMay 22, 2018
When an avant-garde composer and painter becomes friends with an avant-garde painter, their relationship will be a stormy one. And if the wife of one of them becomes involved, things will get even more complicated… This is a...
Leonora Carrington And Her Surrealist Life In Her Own WordsApril 28, 2018
Leonora Carrington (1917-2011) is considered one of the greatest and most neglected British Surrealists. Her life story is a fascinating one: she abandoned her family for a painter about 20 years her senior (and married), she lived in...
- A Hero and Mythical Creatures: Famous Spiders in Art
- James McNeill Whistler, Portrait of Artist’s Mother (Painting Of The Week)
- 7 Things You Need To Know About Jean-Honoré Fragonard
- Top 5 Zeus’ Lovers and Their Crazy Stories
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Dive Into The World Of Alexander Calder’s Circus
- Picnic Time! Best Picnic Inspirations From Art
- 12 Famous Funeral Paintings of Western Art
- 4 Artists Who Suffered Mental Illness (And How It Affected Their Art)
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know