Women in Rossetti’s Life and ArtDecember 27, 2017
Anyone who is reminded of Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood will remember their style by the representation of a very particular type of women – the ones with angular facial features, prominent jawline, straight nose, voluminous hair – the type of...
Story of Pygmalion and Galatea by Sir Edward Burne-JonesDecember 12, 2017
The story of Pygmalion and Galatea is an enchanting myth about a Cypriot sculptor who fell in love with his own sculpture. He prays to goddess Aphrodite (aka Venus) to bring the sculpture to life for it to...
Power, Victory, Glory and Death: Titian’s Art in VeniceDecember 7, 2017
Titian Vecellio was the most famous painter of the Venetian Renaissance. Even during his lifetime the artist has been acclaimed as the greatest painter of his age and achieved great financial success, so that his paintings could be...
Brief Story of Claude Monet’s Garden in GivernyDecember 2, 2017
Famous Impressionist artist Claude Monet‘s garden in Giverny has been one of the must-see sights for every art lover visiting France. It is a flowering domain where the artist had spent last forty-or-so years of his life, digging,...
CRW Nevinson: ‘A world of men enslaved to a terrific machine of their own making’November 14, 2017
Nevinson aligned himself with the Italian futurists who celebrated and embraced the violence and mechanised speed of the modern age. But his experience as an ambulance driver in the First World War changed his view. In his paintings...
Everything You Must Know About James Ensor PaintingsOctober 30, 2017
Halloween is coming and in our team we were thinking who should we feature tomorrow on our DailyArt app (available for free on iOS and Android). It’s so easy to go with Füssli and his Shakespeare-like scenes, Goya...
Giovanni Boldini’s Beautiful BellesOctober 9, 2017
Giovanni Boldini (1842-1931) was a popular society portrait painter in turn-of-the-century France and England. His elegant portraits are still much appreciated today. He is best known for depicting gorgeous and fashionable women – mostly socialites, noble women, and...
- ALL Art In BoJack Horseman We Could Find Gathered In One Place
- These 5 Weird Portraits from Kunsthistorisches Museum Will Make You Wonder
- Kandinsky’s World of Russian Fairy Tales
- The Flying Lovers, Bella and Marc Chagall
- Five Ideas For Valentine’s Day Inspired By Art History
- Watch Georgia O’Keeffe Talking About Her Life
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- The Story Of The Art Dealer Durand-Ruel, The Man Behind Impressionism
- The Story Behind The Tribuna Of The Uffizi By Johan Zoffany
- Hello World! DailyArt Magazine Is LIVE