Stories By James Wray
Perseus and the Head of Medusa – A Very Florentine StoryMay 22, 2019
Benvenuto Cellini’s Perseus and the Head of Medusa is a sculpture that is commonly overlooked. In fact it could be the most regularly overlooked work of art in the world. Standing in Florence’s Loggia dei Lanzi...
Art History 101
The Medici. Rich Sinners or Saintly Rulers?March 19, 2019
The Medici were one of the richest family dynasties that ever lived and perhaps the most influential patrons of the arts in history. For it was their great wealth and patronage from which the Renaissance of...
- Evoking The Genius Of Brancusi At The Museum Of Modern Art In New York
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Lee Krasner and the Art of Starting Over
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- Tarsila do Amaral: Joy Is the Decisive Test
- It’s Not Always What It Seems: The Fabulous Inventions of Panamarenko
- Best Bums in Art History
- 4 Artists Who Suffered Mental Illness (And How It Affected Their Art)
- Painting of the Week: Masaccio, The Tribute Money
- Greek Mythological Creatures That Combine Female Beauty And Beastly Ugliness