Stories By Chris Dobson
Painting of the Week: Eduardo Paolozzi, I was a Rich Man’s PlaythingJune 16, 2019
Eduardo Paolozzi’s 1947 collage I was a Rich Man’s Plaything, which can be seen in the Tate Modern in London, was one of the first works of Pop Art and even contains the word ‘POP!’ Eduardo...
Käthe Kollwitz: Germany’s Greatest Female ArtistApril 18, 2019
Käthe Kollwitz (1867 – 1945) was one of Germany’s greatest artists and she holds the distinction of being the only woman artist to make it into Ernst Gombrich’s The Story of Art. In 1920 she became the...
Painting of the Week: Artemisia Gentileschi, Self Portrait as Saint Catherine of AlexandriaMarch 24, 2019
Artemisia Gentileschi (1593 – c. 1656) was ‘one of the best Italian Baroque painters.’ Despite this, you won’t find any of her works in the National Gallery of Art in Washington, D.C., nor in the Louvre in...
- These Photographs Taken By Edgar Degas Will Sweep You Off Your Feet
- Paul Gauguin – Master or Monster?
- Watch Kandinsky Drawing On A Rare Footage From 1926
- 410 Years Ago Rembrandt Was Born, Check Out His Six Magnificent Self-Portaits
- Moondance. Full Moon in Painting
- Gustav Klimt, Death and Life
- International Women’s Day 2019: Three Unknown Women Artists
- 10 Most Scandalous Nudes in Art (NSFW)
- Six Ancient Greek Sculptures Everyone Should Know
- Vermeer’s Desperate Housewives